Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bring on the autumn.....Part 1


I'm afraid I have to admit I'm done with this summer weather. I know I'm gonna eat my words come mid January, but this is just too darn hot and humid for me. It's been relentless here in Toronto. Of course if you're lucky enough to have a lovely little cottage to retreat to....then God bless you. I can't wait for Fall.

And while the cooler weather is a big draw for me I'm also excited about the fabulous line up of clothing I've started to see in the stores and from the fashion shows. A new favourite this year is Isabel Marant. I've admired Ms. Marant's clothes from a distance. I love her extremely cool, rock and roll aesthetic. The look is definitely chic with an edge. But of course her clothes looked best on hip fashionista types.

However her Fall 2010 showed clothes that felt more grown up and I actually saw things I could imagine wearing. Have a look.

Modern with a nod to the 50's.

I love the metallic, dressy vibe of the skirt with this chicly (is that a word ?) military style shirt.

Unfortunately the trousers are a no go for me but the jacket would definitely work.


I love this top with the Japanese style sash. For me it would have to be Katherine Hepburn style palazzo pants or a lovely pair of silky ankle grazing trousers.


You know when I first saw this I simultaneously thought of Anna Wintour and Carine Roitfeld. While their personal dress styles seem so different to me somehow I can imagine both of them wearing a version of this.


Yeah, I just love this. A leetle longer and I am there !

Before I even saw this pic, I saw a dress similar to this in Aritzia (a great Canadian clothing shop) on the weekend and thought, wow! I want this dress. Now that I think of it Aritzia's fall line up seems to be channeling Isabel Marant.

A little 50's waist cinching. Love it.


All photos from www.style.com

2 comments:

  1. I am so in the mood for fall clothes. I've got my eye on a pair of Ralph Lauren green velvet trousers. Like you, I am seriously over summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela Terry, thanks for dropping by. And yes, from following your blog I know that we share a preference for the cooler months.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails