Friday, July 31, 2009

I'd like to introduce you to......Victoria Brotherson.



Victoria Brotherson is the lovely proprietress of Scarlet and Violet, a gorgeous flower shop in London, UK.

I had the great pleasure of working with Vic many years ago at the very glamorous florists Wild at Heart. Vic and her sister Charlotte were two of the original employees and their hand tied bouquets were glorious ! I learned so much from them. Their sense of colour and texture was inspiring. To receive a bouquet from Wild at Heart, especially one made by Victoria was considered a very chic gift indeed.



I love the vintage vibe of her shop.

Her style is definitely of the quintessential English country garden vein, but with a vintage, bohemian twist. The flowers are loose, blowsy and seasonal, displayed in wonderful old jugs, buckets, urns and ceramic pots. This is a look that's very much in vogue at the moment, though it has always been Vic's signature.


I also adore the Scarlet and Violet website.

I love the Scarlet and Violet font. I love the way the card tags hang. I love its' old fashioned sensibility and the floral image is so charming. But most of all, I love this sentiment she shares with us. It simply says;

"In March 2006, after 14 years of working with flowers, I opened the doors (tentatively) to a very personal place.

We now deliver flowers across London, install house flowers lovingly and give our all to weddings and events.

I wouldn't change my job for anything."

Vic Brotherson

Now you know why I am such a huge fan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails