Sunday, November 29, 2009

Intoxicating scents......

I've just purchased my very first Diptyque candle and... I AM IN LOVE !

POMANDER ......bitter orange peel, spicy cloves and fresh cinnamon - the quintessential ambrosia for the holiday season.

Mind you, it was a toss up between this and the new limited edition TOASTED CHESTNUTS with aromas of roasted chestnuts, juniper and birch which I also found rather delicious. However, being a visual person, I wasn't so keen on the limited edition patterned glass that it came in. Plus, I felt if this was going to be my first Diptyque, I really wanted the classic label. It's sooo elegant and handsome.

All Diptyque candles are made from 100% natural ingredients and fragrances. I believe that POMANDER is one of the original scents.

Yes, I know what you're thinking, and you're right. It wasn't cheap. At $70.00 Canadian, plus taxes (13%), that's a lot of dosh on a little candle.

But as the lovely salesperson pointed out, "it's all natural essential oils and parrafin wax". And she promised "you'll get 60 hours worth of burning". I'm such a sucker for a good sales pitch !

So, according to my calculations that would work out to either one candle infusion per hour per day for 60 days (two months) or, at $70.00 divided by 60 hours, that's about $1.15 per hour of blissful aromatic heaven !

That's not so bad, is it ?



3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your way with math!! Just what I needed to hear. I am besotted with those candles myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have coveted these candles for ages. Your clever math has brought me to the brink of finally buying one. Wonder what it will take to push me over the edge . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pamela Terry and Gigi, I'm laughing out very loud to your responses !! Thank you so much to both of you for making my day.

    Pamela Terry, happy to help out. I think they'll become a bit of a habit.

    Gigi, c'mon you know it, you want one.... I guarantee no regrets....so far.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails